Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 9- Back to Quito


So today was a relaxing travel day. Not much interesting going on here! It started off with us waking up in the buggy Mindo, my legs are completely torn apart by the bugs there, and packing. The leaders formed a nifty little scavenger hunt for us where we had to take good pictures of certain things in the town of Mindo. Lunch was the usual, beans, rice and meat. We have had that for the past week and are ready for a change. Now its time for the two hour bus ride back to Quito. We went to a little shopping market and I bought of lot of good things for my family, friends, and I. Dinner was phe-nom-in-al. It was the biggest switch of our lives where we feasted on delicious sandwiches and French fries. Oh and lets not forget, for an appetizer they served us bruschetta bars, fried cheese sticks, and fries. Let me just add that the sandwich had a coat of garlic sauce with cheese, tomatoes lettuce and probably a lot more. After that we had a nice little ice cream outing where for once there was actually normal ice cream! I got oreo. For the past week I tried all kinds of Ecuadorian flavors that were quite different. Still yummy too! Now we are ready to fly to the Amazon and find new adventures that cross our path. See you in the Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment